San Pasqual Band of Mission Indians
Valley View Casino & Hotel has been a vision of the San Pasqual Band of Mission Indians for many years and the grand opening on April 18, 2001 marked a milestone event in the tribe’s history.
The San Pasqual Band is a part of Southern California’s Kumeyaay Nation, a people that originated thousands of years ago as seasonal hunters and gatherers in the area.
The original San Pasqual reservation was approved in 1870 by President Ulysses S. Grant. It encompassed 92,000 acres and spanned from Ramona to Mount Woodson and Highland Valley to Lake Wohlford. However, in 1901, many of the indigenous people were evicted when the U.S. Supreme Court failed to uphold Indian land rights treaties established with the Mexican government. In 1903, the government purchased land and moved some of the Kumeyaay there, but in 1910, several reservations were expanded, including San Pasqual’s.
Today, the reservation is comprised of five separate, noncontiguous tracts in the rolling hills of Valley Center. The San Pasqual Band is proud of its heritage and history as well as the role its members play in the local community.
For more information click here.